February 6, 2022
Sermon Title: The Third Commandment: The Name Above All Names
Scripture: Exodus 20:7
This week, Pastor David continued the series from Exodus on The Ten Commandments with a look at the Third Commandment.
1. We Are Called To Not Misuse The Name Of The Lord Out Of Frustration.
2. We Are Called To Not Misuse The Name Of The Lord Out Of Manipulation.
3. We Are Called To Not Misuse The Name Of The Lord Out Of Deception.
4. We Are Called To Honor The Name Of The Lord In Our Adoration And Allegiance To Him.
- Our names are chosen by others. In stark contrast, however, God chose His name, and chose to reveal that name to us. What does the name of the Lord, Yahweh (YHWH), signify to you? How does that name encompass God’s identity?
- We looked at 3 ways that we are NOT to misuse the name of the Lord. Which of those situations (frustration, manipulation, deception) do you struggle with the most? What is one thing you can do this week to change your habits in that area?
- Paul fully expressed the spirit of the Third Commandment in Colossians 3:17: And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. What does it look like in your life to honor the name of the Lord? How are you encouraged by that name?
May the Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.
~ Numbers 6:24–26
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717