February 7, 2021
Sermon Title: The God Of The Burning Bush Still Calls
Scripture: Exodus 3:7–14
This week, Pastor David continued the sermon series from Exodus by looking at Moses’ call from the burning bush.
1. When God Calls, Who Goes? (vv. 7–9)
2. When God Calls, Why Hesitate? (vv. 11–14)
Moses Questioned His Own Identity, "Who Am I?"
Moses Questioned God’s Identity, "Who Are You?"
God is self-existent.
God is the Creator and Sustainer of all that exists.
God never changes.
God is eternal.
1. This part of Moses’ story teaches that we serve a God who is willing to come down to rescue us. Jesus is the ultimate sign that God's perfect plan is to save us. How does this encourage you?
2. Pastor David shared that when God calls us, we don’t need more self-confidence, we need more God-confidence. What makes you hesitate when God calls you for a specific task?
3. In the Bible, a name was significant because it revealed the character and essence of the person. Pastor David shared that God’s name could be translated in three ways–all pointing to the magnitude of God’s being. Describe how those names impact you today.
4. In John 8:58, Jesus said: “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” Pastor David challenged us to see that God answers all our fears, anxieties, needs, difficulties, and pain with His “I Am.” In what ways are you relying on your strength to meet your needs instead of relying on the great “I Am”?
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. ~ Ephesians 3:20–21
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717