AfterThoughts: January 2, 2022
January 2, 2022
Sermon Title: A Resolution Worth Keeping
Scripture: Matthew 6:1–13
This week, Pastor David shared a message about making prayer a priority in our lives as we begin the new year.
Prayer Is Always A Priority for a Growing Follower Of Jesus.
- The Priority Of Prayer For Your Life
Keys For Making Prayer A Priority
- A Consistent Place
- A Consistent Plan
- Pastor David shared that prayer is core curriculum for the follower of Jesus. Think about your current prayer routine. How is it similar or different from Jesus’ routine as presented in Scripture?
- Prayer is a priority for growth as a follower of Jesus, and it is the central discipline God uses to transform us. How can you use Jesus’ prayer life and the pattern of prayer He taught His disciples (Matthew 6:9–13) to adapt or change your prayer life?
- Pastor David shared that we must learn to see prayer as the most powerful and efficient use of our time. Do you live as if prayer is essential to your spiritual life? Explain.
- What do you need to change in order to commit to establishing a consistent place and consistent plan for your prayer life as you begin this new year?
"Prayer is the central avenue that God uses to transform us. If we are unwilling to change, we will abandon prayer as a noticeable characteristic of our lives." ~ Richard Foster, Celebration Of Discipline
"I have so much to do today that I'm going to need to spend three hours in prayer in order to be able to get it all done." ~ Martin Luther
Distracted: The Erosion Of Attention and the Coming Dark Age by Maggie Jackson
SAMPLE PRAYER PLAN:
A – adoration
C – confession
T – thanksgiving
S – supplication
SAMPLE PRAYER SCHEDULE:
Sunday – the sick
Monday – missionaries
Tuesday – governmental leaders
Wednesday – witness to friends and family
Thursday – trust
Friday – friends and family
Saturday – upcoming worship services
Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
~ Ephesians 3:20–21
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717