AfterThoughts: January 23, 2022
January 23, 2022
Sermon Title: Set Free To Live Free
Scripture: Romans 8:1–4
This week, Blake Jenkins, our Minister to College Students, shared a message from Romans 8 about the freedom that Christ provides. He reminded us that, in Christ, we are:
- Free from looking back.
- Free from looking around.
- Free from looking ahead with dread.
- What external markers are you looking to for belonging and worth? Could it be your work, appearance, financial resources, your achievements or those of your children? If nothing comes to mind immediately, take a moment and ask God to show you where this is happening.
- What does it mean to be “in” Christ Jesus? How is belonging to Christ more like adoption into a family than recruitment to a team?
- How can you stop fixating on your sin and fix your eyes on Jesus instead? What spiritual disciplines do you need to make a part of life to make more room for Jesus?
- Have you been adopted into God’s family? If not, what is keeping you from aligning your interests and future with Christ?
To learn more about becoming a follower of Christ,
please visit dawsonchurch.org/questions-about-faith.
“Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you.” – John Owen, 1656
May the Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.
~ Numbers 6:24–26
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717