July 16, 2023
Reflecting The Love Of Our Father
This week, Pastor David continued the series from 1 John with a look at how Christians are called to reflect the love of God. He shared that we are to
- Bask in the Love of Your Heavenly Father, v. 1
- Anticipate the Reunion with Your Heavenly Father, v. 2
- Reflect the Purity of Your Heavenly Father, vv. 3–10
- Pastor David encouraged us to bask in the love of our heavenly Father. In what ways have you paused and savored this wonderful truth? How can you put away distractions this week and take time to embrace this powerful fact for believers?
- What does it mean to be "adopted" into the family of God? How do Christians exhibit a "family resemblance" as God's children?
- The children of God are always growing, and we won't receive our full inheritance until we meet Him in eternity. How do you imagine your reunion with your heavenly Father? What are we to be doing until that time?
- While Christians are not perfect, sin should not be a normal experience of our lives. Pastor David shared that John is calling believers to “issue an eviction notice to sin.” What sin are you feeding or giving shelter to? When can you schedule time this week for confession and repentance?
The grace of the LORD Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. ~ 2 Corinthians 13:14
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717