June 14, 2020
Sermon Title: Only Through Prayer
Scripture: Mark 9:14–29
In this week’s sermon from Mark, Pastor David shared these main ideas:
- Past spiritual successes do not guarantee victories in the face of today’s challenges.
- The challenges of today often reflect a deeper spiritual battle.
- Faith in Christ does not make us immune to doubt in life.
Diagnostic Questions For Believers:
Are you reading and meditating on the Word of God regularly?
Do you have a consistent time of prayer?
Are you regularly turning to God throughout the day?
- When have you found yourself feeling like the father in this story – helpless, doubtful, and desperate? How did you respond to that situation?
- Think about a time when, like the disciples, you have been spiritually complacent and/or tempted to do the Lord’s work in your own strength. What was the result?
- Pastor David shared that we cannot live as if there isn’t a deeper spiritual reality to the dissension and heartache that our nation is facing. What can you do to fight that spiritual battle?
- When have you doubted God in the past? Did you ask God to “help your unbelief” (verse 24)? How did God respond?
Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable.
One generation shall commend your works to another, and shall declare your mighty acts.
On the glorious splendor of your majesty, and on your wondrous works, I will meditate.
They shall speak of the might of your awesome deeds, and I will declare your greatness.
They shall pour forth the fame of your abundant goodness and shall sing aloud of your righteousness.
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
If anyone does not abide in me, he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
COVID-19 Information: dawsonchurch.org/COVID19
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717