June 27, 2021
Sermon Title: Cultivated In His Character: Patience
Scripture: Galatians 5:22–24
This week, Pastor David continued the sermon series, Cultivated In His Character, from the book of Galatians. Specifically, we looked at:
- God’s Patience Is A Pathway To Our Salvation
- Our Patient God Cultivates Patience In His Followers
1. One of the truths we know about God, both from the Old Testament and the New Testament, is that He is compassionate, loving, and slow to anger. This is patience. Think about a time in your life when God has shown His patience toward you. How did His patience draw you closer to Him? Describe.
2. Pastor David reminded us that most of our impatience is in the “mundane” and “ordinary” of our lives. How can you model the patience God shows you when you are experiencing impatience in your day-to-day life?
3. God is slow to judge sinners, not because He doesn’t care about their sin but in order to give them a chance to repent. When are you most tempted to be impatient? How does the Spirit of God living in you empower you to exhibit patience?
4. Pastor David shared that patience is an avenue to get behind the hurt that lingers in our actions and words that sting in our interactions with others. Who is God calling you to be patient with and listen to this week?
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. ~ Ephesians 3:20–21
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717