June 5, 2022
Sermon Title: Dear Church: Letters To The Seven Churches Of Revelation
Scripture: Revelation 1
This week, Pastor David began a sermon series from Revelation 1-3 looking specifically at the letters to the seven churches. He introduced the series with a look at:
- The Revelation Of The Exalted Christ, verses 12–16
- His Absolute Purity
- His Penetrating Vision
- His Perfect Character
- His Resounding Authority
- His Intimate Concern
- His Mighty Words
- His Beautiful Countenance
- The Only Appropriate Response To The Exalted Christ, verses 17–20
- In this first sermon from Revelation 1-3, Pastor David shared that the opening words of Revelation remind us that the book comes with a promise of blessing for all who read it and heed it. What is the first think you think of when you think of the book of Revelation? How are you encouraged by the fact that there is a promise of blessing for us at the beginning?
- The very first word of the book of Revelation means “unveiling.” The book of Revelation unveils the revelation from Jesus Christ about Jesus Christ. Jesus is center stage in the entire book. How does this focus on Jesus speak to your heart no matter what difficulty you face as you begin a new week?
- Jesus is worthy of our reverence and worship. Pastor David shared 7 descriptors of Jesus that point to his perfection and completeness. Which of the 7 descriptors of Jesus in this passage is most hopeful and encouraging to you? Explain.
- The only appropriate response to the exalted Christ is to trust Him for your salvation and live in daily obedience to Him. What is one think you can do this week to be more obedient to the exalted Christ as He is portrayed in this passage? Ask God to help you take the steps to do that.
May the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.
~ Numbers 6:24–26