AfterThoughts: June 7, 2020
June 6, 2020
Sermon Title: Coming Attractions
Scripture: Mark 9:2–13
This week, Pastor David continued the sermon series from the Gospel of Mark.
- Pastor David explained that what the disciples saw in verses 2–4 was a wholly unique experience: all the divine glory of Jesus without the veil of his humanity. What is your reaction to reading these verses?
- After Moses and Elijah disappeared, Jesus alone remained because he is the only mediator, the only way for a sinful person to have a relationship with the holy God. How does this truth give you strength to face this new week?
- What part of this preview of the new heavens and new earth speaks to you? Explain.
- Pastor David shared about a house he has watched for several years that is in the process of being renovated but never seems to finish. How does the promise of your complete transformation give you hope?
How do we respond to the injustice, loss of life, and protests we are witnessing?
1. Pray for healing, unity, and justice.
2. Lament the brokenness.
3. Listen in a posture of humility.
4. Learn what it means to love well.
A Liturgy For A Time of Widespread Suffering
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ~ Isaiah 41:10
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
COVID-19 Information: dawsonchurch.org/COVID19
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717