AfterThoughts: March 13, 2022
March 13, 2022
Sermon Title: The Eighth Commandment: You Shall Not Steal
Scripture: Exodus 20:15
This week, Pastor David continued the series from Exodus on The Ten Commandments with a look at the Eighth Commandment.
- Stealing Is A Sign Of Distrust In God As Our Provider.
- Faithful Stewardship Is A Sign Of Trust In God As Our Provider.
- In her book, Ten Words To Live By, Jen Wilkin defines stealing as “…gain at someone else’s unwilling expense.” How does that definition apply to situations other than taking someone else’s tangible property?
- In Luke 16:10–12, Jesus taught that our faithfulness in the small things in life is very important. When we are found faithful in small things, we can be trusted with greater things. How are you tempted to justify small compromises you are faced with in your daily life? How do small acts of deceit make you more comfortable with bigger compromises?
- Pastor David shared that faithful stewardship is a sign of trust in God’s provision and always leads us to give generously. Describe how you are encouraged by working and sharing God’s provision with others.
Ten Words To Live By, Jen Wilkin
Learn about the Ukrainian Baptist Theological Seminary’s relief efforts at dawsonchurch.org/DisasterRelief.
The Dawson Lenten Devotional Guide is available at dawsonchurch.org/LentenGuide.
May the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. ~ Numbers 6:24–26
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717