March 21, 2021
Sermon Title: God’s Long Way Out of Town
Scripture: Exodus 13:17–22
This week, Pastor David continued the sermon series from Exodus by looking at the route God used to lead the Israelites out of Egypt to the Promised Land. He shared two truths from this passage:
1. God is always sure of the direction for His people.
2. God is always available to guide His people.
1. Think about the last time you got lost or didn’t know where you were going and had to rely on someone else’s directions to get you to your destination. How did you feel and react in that situation?
2. In Exodus 3:17, we see that God led the Israelites on a different route than would have been common during that time. Pastor David shared that God’s detour is His grace and provision for us. Do you trust that even your disappointments, failures, and closed doors can be part of God guiding you to the next mile marker in the journey of your faith? In what ways can you rest in that trust in God?
3. All throughout the events of the Exodus, the pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night signified the presence of the LORD. When you trust Jesus as your Savior, the pillar of cloud and the pillar of fire dwell in you through His Spirit. How are you encouraged by knowing that he is available to you at all times?
4. Pastor David described being Spirit-led like this: asking God for direction; listening to God through prayer/Scripture/worship/community; and following God’s direction. Remember that God will never leave you lost; He is always guiding you every day. Are you asking the Spirit of God to lead you? Are you really listening to what God says to you and following his route? Why or why not?
…even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you. ~ John 14:17
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. ~James 1:22
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. ~ Ephesians 3:20–21
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717