March 22, 2020
Sermon Title: "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God"
Scripture: Psalm 46
This week, the Dawson Family of Faith continued worshipping together online as Pastor David walked us through Psalm 46.
- After describing many of the castles he toured while serving as a summer missionary in Wales, Pastor David called them “monuments of false hopes and achievements” because all of them were, eventually, “besieged." What are some of your own monuments that have been besieged or that have fallen this week? Explain.
- What anxieties have you experienced during the last couple of weeks because of social distancing? How do these verses give you strength and hope?
- Pastor David shared that Psalm 46:10 should be our response during these uncertain times. Describe how will you “be still” this week yet remain focused on God.
TRUTHS FROM PSALM 46
- God is our ever-present strength (vv. 1, 7, 11)
- God is our ever-present hope (vv. 2–7)
- God is our ever-present King (vv. 8–11)
PRAYER PROMPTS DURING THESE UNUSUAL DAYS
- Pray for our leaders as they make decisions and follow recommendations.
- Pray for scientists and health care professionals as they work with those that are ill and as they seek ways to treat the virus.
- Pray for the sick and vulnerable.
- Pray for missionaries in areas of the world where the virus is already very widespread.
- Pray for ways to help those in your area that are vulnerable.
To learn more about knowing Christ as Savior and Lord, please visit dawsonchurch.org/becoming-a-christian.
To view the Lenten Devotional Guide online, please visit dawsonchurch.org/LentenDevo.
HYMN: A Mighty Fortress Is Our God by Martin Luther
The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
COVID-19 Information: dawsonchurch.org/COVID19