March 29, 2020
Sermon Title: Help For The Worried Heart
Scripture: Matthew 6:25–34
This week, the Dawson Family of Faith continued worshipping together online. Pastor David shared a message from the Sermon on the Mount about how to handle our worry and anxiety.
- Everyone experiences some worry in their life. How is your worry during these unprecedented and unusual circumstances different from normal, everyday worry?
- Pastor David shared that our worries reveal what we hold dearest and where we turn for our security. What are you most worried about right now? What does that say about where you place your trust?
- In this Scripture passage, we see that worry is an invitation for us to examine our relationship with God. Which of the three types of invitations presented do you need to focus on most? How will you do that this week?
~ Worry Is an Invitation to Trust God Fully
~ Worry Is an Invitation to Talk to God Frequently
~ Worry Is an Invitation to Turn to God Faithfully
PRAYER PROMPTS DURING THESE UNUSUAL DAYS
- Pray for our leaders as they make decisions and recommendations.
- Pray for scientists and health care professionals as they work with those that are ill and as they seek ways to treat the virus.
- Pray for the sick and vulnerable.
- Pray for missionaries in areas of the world where the virus is already very widespread.
- Pray for ways to help those in your area that are vulnerable.
To learn more about knowing Christ as Savior and Lord, please visit dawsonchurch.org/becoming-a-christian.
To view the Lenten Devotional Guide online, please visit dawsonchurch.org/LentenDevo.
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
COVID-19 Information: dawsonchurch.org/COVID19