March 3, 2019
“This Little Light Of Mine”
This week, Pastor David continued the “Sermon On The Mount” series. Re-read those verses as you consider these questions.
- Think about a time when you have been in darkness. How did the presence of light change the situation? How did it change your perception about the circumstances?
- Where does the light of a believer originate? Have you had a time when you trusted in the origin of the light (Jesus Christ)? If not, are you ready to do that now?
- Does your light fulfill its purposes (illumination and salvation)? What needs to happen in your life so that it does?
- How are believers significant in God’s “marketing plan” of salvation? Practically, what does “light” look like in that plan? How are you sharing that light with others?
On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 5:00 p.m., join us in the Fellowship Hall as we walk through some intentional planning to help you engage those you encounter on a regular basis in gospel-centered conversations.
In your time with God this week,
1. Thank God for Jesus, the light of the world.
2. Ask God to show you the places in your life where darkness is overtaking the light.
3. Commit to engage with darkness in the world instead of hiding the light that lives within you.
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.”
"for at one time, you were in darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light." -Ephesians 5:8
"Find the light within you through meditation and introspection and you will illuminate your life from within." - Amy Leigh Mercree, The Compassion Revolution
"I am the light of the world whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." -John 8:12
“For God, who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." - 2 Corinthians 4:6
"How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? - Romans 10:14
"A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house." - Matthew 5:14-15