AfterThoughts: May 1, 2022
May 1, 2022
Sermon Title: Hope For The Discouraged Heart
Scripture: Psalm 42
This week, Pastor David continued the sermon series from selected Psalms. Specifically, he shared:
- We Can Become Discouraged By The Disruptions Before Us
- We Can Become Discouraged By The Darkness Around Us
- We Can Become Discouraged By The Distance Behind Us
- No one is immune from discouragement. Think about times in your life when you have been discouraged. How are you encouraged by the knowledge that you are not alone in experiencing discouragement?
- Pastor David shared that, “The antidote to our discouragement is relying on the unchanging truth (from the Word of God) and not our ever-changing feelings.” How have your feelings led you astray during discouraging times in the past? How does your enemy, Satan, weaponize discouragement?
- What is one way that you will practice the antidote to discouragement this week? Stay in the Word of God? Stay close to the people of God? Sing the songs of God?
“Does My Son Know You?” Article
May the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. ~ Numbers 6:24–26