May 23, 2021
Sermon Title: A Lamp Unto My Feet
Scripture: Psalm 119
This week, Pastor David continued the sermon series, “Walking In God’s Will”, with a message from Psalm 119. He shared these truths about the Bible:
1. The Bible Is God’s Word
2. The Bible Is True
3. The Bible Is Valuable
4. The Bible Is A Light To Guide Your Steps
1. Perhaps now more than ever, we have to be discerning about the sources we trust. Pastor David shared that the Bible is God-breathed, and we submit to it because we know the source. In what areas of your life are you finding it difficult to submit to God’s word?
2. While Psalm 119 teaches us that God’s word is true, we can misunderstand it, misinterpret it, and twist it. While we must submit to God’s word, we must also study it in community so our interpretations are true to the text. What communities of faith help you study God’s word faithfully?
3. The Bible is a light to guide our steps; however, it is not a secret formula waiting to be unlocked. How have you been tempted to use the Bible like a Magic 8 Ball?
4. Pastor David shared that when we submit to the word of God, the Spirit of God forms in us the character of Jesus so we can think more like Jesus, sound more like Jesus, and act more like Jesus. God’s will is for us to be shaped into the image of His Son. How does this truth encourage you? How does it challenge you?
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. ~ Ephesians 3:20–21
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717