AfterThoughts: May 29, 2022
May 29, 2022
Sermon Title: How Long, O Lord?
Scripture: Psalm 13
This week, Pastor David shared a message from Psalm 13 entitled “How Long, O Lord?" He highlighted three truths from that passage:
- Bring Your Honest Questions Before God
- Turn To God In The Midst Of Your Questions
- Trust God Even When You Don’t Have All The Answers
- While we want exclamation marks, Pastor David shared that the Psalms are also filled with questions that make us uncomfortable. Questions are not a sign of faithlessness but an invitation to come before God with your hurt and pain. What questions do you need to bring to God right now.
- Both David (in the Psalms) and Jesus (in the Gospels) turned toward God instead of away from Him in the middle of their questions and darkness. What does it look like for you to turn toward God in the middle of your questions and/or difficult circumstances? Describe.
- Even in grief, sorrow, and questioning, as believers and followers of Jesus, there is a clear direction for the future ahead of us where “…death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” (Revelation 21:4) How does that promise of the future give you hope this week?
May the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. ~ Numbers 6:24–26