May 31, 2020
Sermon Title: Who Do You Say That I Am?
Scripture: Mark 8:27–35
This week, Pastor David continued the sermon series from the Gospel of Mark.
- Imagine yourself in the scene shared in verses 27–29. How would you answer the question, “But who do you say that I am?”
- Are you calling Jesus “Lord” but using a different meaning than what was intended? Explain.
- In what area(s) of your life do you need to deny yourself? What is the most challenging part of that denial?
- Pastor David shared that taking up the cross of Christ is not just enduring what is beyond your control. What does it look like for you to embrace God’s agenda for you more than your agenda for yourself? How will you begin doing that this week?
How do we respond to the injustice, loss of life, and protests we are witnessing?
- Pray for healing, unity, and justice.
- Weep and grieve.
- Lament the brokenness.
- Work for hope and justice.
Prayer Prompts for COVID-19:
1. Pray for our leaders as they make decisions and recommendations.
2. Pray for scientists and health care professionals as they work with those that are ill and as they seek ways to treat the virus.
3. Pray for the sick and vulnerable.
4. Pray for missionaries in areas of the world where the virus is widespread.
5. Pray for ways to help those in your area that are vulnerable.
Mere Christianity – C.S. Lewis
The Cost of Discipleship – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ~ Isaiah 41:10
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
COVID-19 Information: dawsonchurch.org/COVID19