May 12, 2019
The Lord’s Prayer: Part 2
This week, Pastor David continued the Sermon On The Mount series with a second look at The Lord’s Prayer.
- What is the purpose of The Lord’s Prayer? “Our”
- Who do we pray with? “Our Father In Heaven”
HOW WE PRAY
- How do we make God’s name known through our prayers and through our actions?
- How does praying The Lord’s Prayer lead you to action? If it doesn’t, why doesn’t it?
- Are you praying “Hallowed be thy name” in your life? Why or why not? What results are you seeing from that prayer?
- If you are honest, do you find that you are holding on to “boxes” of your own kingdom that must be surrendered before you can truly say you want God’s will more than you want your own? What would make you willing to surrender those boxes so you can truly say “Thy will be done”?
In your time with God this week:
Thank God for The Lord’s Prayer and for all the ways it guides believers in their spiritual journey.
Ask God to show you the places/things you have been unwilling to surrender to His will in your life.
Commit to take the first step to surrender completely to God’s will for you over your will for yourself.
Watch this week’s sermon at www.dawsonchurch.org/SOTM
“…that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” Romans 9:17
“Give thanks to the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted.” Isaiah 12:4
“Missions is not the ultimate goal of the church. Worship is. Missions exists because worship doesn’t.”
John Piper, Let The Nations Be Glad