AfterThoughts: November 13, 2022
November 13, 2022
How Then Shall We Live?
This week, Pastor David continued the sermon series from 1 Thessalonians with a look at Paul’s words about what it looks like to live in Christian community. He reminded us to:
- Respect The Leaders In Our Midst (vv.12–13)
- Show Compassion To Those Struggling In Our Midst (v. 14)
- God’s design for His people includes ministers who serve as under shepherds among His flock. How are God’s people to view those who are called as ministers?
- In verses 12–13, Paul warned Christians against two temptations toward ministers. He wrote that they can be viewed with suspicion or with excessive adulation. Are you tempted toward one or the other? If so, why?
- There is a beautiful promise in these verses: ministers and church members can be at peace among themselves. Are you hindering or promoting this promised peace? Explain.
- Pastor David shared that God has not called us and gifted us to sit on the sidelines. How is this passage an invitation for you to use your time, your skills, and your spiritual gifts in His service?
May the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. ~ Numbers 6:24–26
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717