AfterThoughts: November 14, 2021
November 14, 2021
Sermon Title: The Secret To Contentment
Scripture: Philippians 4:10–13
This week, Pastor David continued the sermon series from Philippians with a focus on contentment from Philippians 4.
- Contentment Is In Christ Not Your Circumstances
- Look To Christ And Walk In Contentment
- Pastor David shared that a deep and abiding focus on Christ is the secret to contentment in all of our circumstances. When are you tempted to look for contentment in your circumstances instead of in your identity in Christ?
- We have all we need to walk through every circumstance with joy and contentment. Still, we often confuse contentment with comfort. When you find yourself restless and discontent, what does that indicate about your focus?
- One of the ways to be content, even when uncomfortable, is to remember that your identity in Christ is the most important thing about you. It doesn’t change because of feelings or circumstances. How are you encouraged by knowing that your identity in Christ is unchangeable?
- Pastor David shared that you cannot continue to live in sinful patterns with unconfessed sin and live a contented life. What do you need to change in your schedule this week to allow more time for confession and repentance?
Just As I Am, Billy Graham
“I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they every dreamed of so they can see that it’s not the answer.” ~ Jim Carrey
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
~ Ephesians 3:20–21
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717