November 15, 2020
Sermon Title: Just Say Yes: An Old Testament Proposal
Scripture: Ruth 3
This week, Pastor David continued the sermon series from the book of Ruth by focusing on the actions of three people in the story.
- Naomi: Your Initiative and God’s Will
- Ruth: Your Courage and God’s Will
- Boaz: Your Redeemer and God’s Will
1. Seeking God’s will involves practical steps on our part. Pastor David shared that God’s will includes our initiative in planning, listening to God in prayer, adhering to wise counsel, and considering pros and cons carefully. What alternate narratives have you been taught about seeking God’s will? How does this lesson from the book of Ruth give you greater insight into pursuing God’s will?
2. Naomi and Ruth were women of active faith, and Ruth was bold in following the direction of the Lord. Despite her fear and vulnerability, Ruth showed courage in taking the next step in seeking God’s will. Where do you need more courage in your life to take a next step?
3. Pastor David said, “When you travel down a road in opposition to the word of God, you are traveling on a path that is a detour from the will of God.” What is one action you can take to guard against traveling in opposition to the word of God?
4. Think about a time when you have found yourself waiting on God to show you His will. What practical, next steps did you take while you were waiting? How did taking those steps affect the outcome of the situation?
If brothers dwell together, and one of them dies and has no son, the wife of the dead man shall not be married outside the family to a stranger. Her husband's brother shall go in to her and take her as his wife and perform the duty of a husband's brother to her. ~ Deuteronomy 25:5
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. ~ Romans 12:2
Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen. ~ Jude 24–25
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717