November 21, 2021
Sermon Title: The Joy Of Giving
Scripture: Philippians 4:14–23
This week, Pastor David completed the sermon series from Philippians with a message on giving from Philippians 4.
- Giving Expands Our Ministry Reach (verses 14–16)
- Giving Is An Eternal Investment (verse 17)
- Giving Connects Us To God’s Providential Care (verses 19–20)
- Paul thanked the Christians in Philippi for their partnership in the Gospel through their gifts. They gave, not out of guilt or shame, but out of their commitment to the work of spreading the Gospel. What is your greatest challenge to generosity and giving to God’s work? Ask Him to help you confront and overcome that challenge.
- Echoing Jesus’ words from the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 6), Paul encouraged the believers to store up treasures in heaven by giving to and investing in eternal matters. How are you living faithful to this truth?
- Pastor David shared that our giving connects us to God’s providential care. Are you claiming the promise in verse 19 while ignoring the premise in verses 14–18? Explain.
- How are you encouraged by knowing that God Himself will supply all of your emotional, relational, physical, and spiritual needs?
On Sunday, November 21, the Sanctuary Choir & Orchestra presented Our Father, by Craig Courtney. To view the artwork that was shared, please visit Dawsonchurch.org/OurFather.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
~ Ephesians 3:20–21
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON: