November 27, 2022
In The Beginning
This week, Pastor David began the Advent sermon series entitled “Became.” We looked at Jesus as the Eternal Son Of God and as the Eternal Creator.
- Behold The Eternal Son Of God
- The Identity Of The Word
- The Eternality Of The Word
- The Relationality Of The Word
- The Divinity Of The Word
- Behold Jesus The Eternal Creator
- Which of the facets of John’s description of Jesus as the Eternal Son of God are the most meaningful to you (Identity, Eternality, Relationality, or Divinity)? Explain.
- Pastor David shared that when God speaks, things happen. He speaks to humanity most specifically in Jesus, the Word made flesh. How do you need to change your schedule this week to allow more time to listen to Jesus?
- Jesus is the Eternal Creator, and there is nothing that exists that Jesus didn’t touch in creation. Therefore, you can trust Him with your needs, stresses, worries, and pain. In what area of your life do you need to trust Him more?
- Jesus is the author of your life, and therefore, your ultimate authority. He is the only one worthy to be the authority in your life. What area(s) of your life are you holding back from God’s authority? How can you surrender those things to Him?
May the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. ~ Numbers 6:24–26
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717