November 28, 2021
Sermon Title: Wonderful Counselor
Scripture: Isaiah 9:1–7
This week, Pastor David began the Advent Sermon Series, “And He Will Be Called” from Isaiah. We looked at:
- The Wonder Of Our Savior’s Arrival
- The Wisdom Of Our Savior’s Counsel
- Pastor David shared that Christians need the season of Advent. It is an invitation to put down our “to do” list and be reminded of what God has already done for us. How will you make time to focus on Jesus’ arrival in your life during the month ahead?
- Through poetry and verb tenses, God led the prophet Isaiah to remind us that He would redeem us. Jesus is not God’s “thrown together” Plan B; He is God’s Plan A and He is God’s eternal plan. How does His plan give you confidence in what you face in the coming week?
- Pastor David shared that Jesus is the promised Wonderful Counselor who will never lead us astray. He is eternally wise and always right. His purposes and plans are always trustworthy. Are you listening to His counsel? Do you trust His counsel? Are you obedient to His counsel? Explain.
"God's answer to everything that has ever terrorized us is a child. The power of God is so far superior to the Assyrians and all the big shots of the world that he can defeat them by coming as a mere child. His answer to the bullies swaggering through history is not to become an even bigger bully. His answer is Jesus." ~ Ray Ortlund
The Jesus Storybook Bible, Sally Lloyd-Jones
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. ~ Ephesians 3:20–21
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717