October 10, 2021
Sermon Title: Knowing Christ
Scripture: Philippians 3:1–11
This week, Pastor David continued the sermon series from the book of Philippians by sharing about The Surpassing Value Of Knowing Christ.
- Knowing Christ Far Surpasses The False Teaching Of Paul’s Day (And Our Day)
- Knowing Christ Far Surpasses The Religious Pedigree Of Paul (And Of Us)
- What is your reaction to the statement that you can be in proximity to Jesus but not have a relationship with Him? How does Philippians 3:1–11 explain this truth?
- Salvation is found in Jesus alone through faith alone by grace alone. After reading Paul’s warning of false teaching, what are you tempted to add to Jesus’ work for your salvation? How can your resist that temptation and rest in Jesus’ finished work?
- Pastor David said that Paul had many things on his “religious resume” (verses 5–6). Compared to his relationship with Christ, what was Paul’s attitude toward those things? What do you need to consider “rubbish” in light of knowing Jesus?
- Can you say, like Paul, that you count everything as loss because of your relationship with Christ? If your answer is no, then do you truly know Jesus?
To learn more about beginning a relationship with Jesus,
please visit dawsonchurch.org/becoming-a-christian.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. ~ Ephesians 3:20–21
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717