October 16, 2022
Faithful In The Midst Of Affliction
This week, Pastor David continued the 1 Thessalonians sermon series with a message from Chapter 3. Specifically, we looked at how we can encourage others who might be walking down a road of adversity by:
1. Caring For One Another (vv. 1–5)
2. Lifting One Another Up In Prayer (vv. 9–13)
- Contrary to the narrative of our culture, Jesus didn't guarantee your best life now. Rather, He promised your perfect life in eternity. The Bible doesn’t teach that the more you believe (or give or pray), the less hardships you will face (John 16:33). What are some examples of this disconnect between what Jesus taught and the false narrative(s) in our culture?
- Pastor David shared that difficulty is not the enemy. Difficulty is actually the anvil of God’s design to sharpen us and mold us to depend more on Him. How have you seen God shaping you toward holiness in the difficulty you face in this season of your life?
- When has God used you as an encouragement for someone else in a difficult time of their life? How were you encouraged by helping someone else?
- What does Paul model for believers in the area of prayer? How will his example change your prayers this week?
May the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. ~ Numbers 6:24–26
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717