AfterThoughts: October 17, 2021
October 17, 2021
Sermon Title: Image Bearing
Scripture: Psalm 139
This week, Dr. Beck Taylor, President of Samford University, shared a message about being image bearers of God. In that passage, we can be confident of these four truths:
1. God Knows Us Intimately (vv. 1–6)
2. God Pursues Us Relentlessly (vv. 7–12)
3. God Creates Us Uniquely (vv. 13–18)
4. God Delivers Us Faithfully (vv. 19–24)
- Of the four truths that Dr. Taylor shared from Psalm 139, which one comforts you the most? Which one challenges you the most?
- When have you found yourself fleeing from God? How did He draw you back during that time?
- Dr. Taylor contrasted the tendency in our culture to be “image makers” with our calling as Christians to be “image bearers” of Jesus. How is “image making” different from the “image bearing”? Which is the most difficult for you? Explain.
- Think about the image of Christ that you bear. What part(s) of your whole self are you holding back? Ask God to show you how to turn those things over to Him this week.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. ~ Ephesians 3:20–21
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717