October 23, 2022
The Pursuit Of Holiness
This week, Pastor David continued the sermon series from 1 Thessalonians with a look at Paul’s call for believers to pursue holiness. Specifically, we learned that:
1. The Will Of God Is Our Purity, verses 3–7
2. To Ignore The Will Of God Is Our Folly, verses 6–8
- In these verses, Paul is reviewing some of the things that he had taught while he was with them. Why might he have started his review with a call for sexual purity?
- Pastor David shared that the boundaries God has created for us show His love for His creation. How are you encouraged by God's boundaries?
- What boundaries does God set that seem to be out of touch with our current culture? Why is it dangerous to base your actions on cultural trends?
- What is one thing you can do this week to renew your commitment to live a holy life? Ask God to help you do that each day.
May the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. ~ Numbers 6:24–26
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717