October 3, 2021
Sermon Title: A Life Worthy Of Praise
Scripture: Philippians 2:19–30
This week, Pastor David continued the sermon series from the book of Philippians by looking at the praiseworthy characteristics of His servants.
1. The Priority Of Proven Character
2. The Priority Of Humble Dependency
3. The Priority Of Costly Sacrifice
- Think about one or two people that you admire. What qualities and characteristics do you highlight when you tell someone else about them? What does your answer indicate about what you value?
- When Paul planned to send Timothy to the church in Philippi, he wrote that he was sending him because of his heart for them (verse 20) and his faithfulness to the mission (verse 22). How does Timothy’s character reflect the main mission of sharing the Gospel? Explain.
- Despite his hope to send Timothy to Philippi, Paul acknowledged that his plan was subject to God’s sovereignty, not just in eternity but also here on earth. Are you living in humble dependency on God? Are you open to the possibility of holy interruptions in your schedule?
- In Philippians 2, we are introduced to Epaphroditus whose faithful service to the Lord and to Paul required great sacrifice. Pastor David shared that faithfulness is often costly and requires sacrifice. What is God calling you to do that is going to cost you?
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. ~ Ephesians 3:20–21
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717