October 30, 2022
The Pursuit Of Holiness
This week, Pastor David continued the sermon series from 1 Thessalonians with a look at Paul’s words about facing death. We were reminded that:
- Our Grief In The Face Of Death Is Natural (v. 13)
- Our Hope In The Midst Of Grief Is Supernatural (vv. 14–18)
- Our Hope Is Found In Jesus’ Resurrection
- Our Hope Is Found In The Promise Of Jesus’ Return
- Paul wrote that we do not grieve as those who have no hope because of these two pillars: Jesus’ resurrection (verse 14) and the promise of His second coming (verses 15-18). How are you encouraged and strengthened by these truths?
- Paul was not interested in giving us all the details of the second coming or answering all the questions we have. Instead, he wrote to encourage believers that: 1) death doesn’t get the last word; 2) Jesus is coming; 3) our loved ones are safe; and 4) we will all be with Jesus forever. How do these words give you peace?
- In 1 Thessalonians 4:18, Paul tells his readers to “encourage each other with these words.” How can you share the hope of Jesus with the people you encounter this week?
- Where is your hope in the face of death? If you have never placed your faith in Jesus, are you ready to do that?
To learn more about becoming a follower of Christ,
please visit dawsonchurch.org/questions-about-faith.
May the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. ~ Numbers 6:24–26
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717