October 31, 2021
Sermon Title: Living In The Future Tense
Scripture: Philippians 3:17–21
This week, Pastor David continued the sermon series from Philippians with a look at these truths from Philippians 3.
1. Imitate The Lives Of The Faithful (verse 17)
2. Beware The Missteps Of The Unfaithful (verses 18–19)
3. Look Forward To The Prize Ahead (verse 20)
- While not an egotistical request, Paul asked the Christians in Philippi to imitate him (or Epaphroditus or Timothy). Who are the people that have been spiritual role models to you? Describe some of the things that are worthy of imitation in their lives.
- In Philippians 3:18–19, Paul warned against being influenced by people who ignore the call to holiness. While Paul did not flesh out who he was describing, it's clear he meant any and every Christian who gets comfortable with sin. When are you tempted to be cozy and comfortable with sin? What thing(s) do you justify that God is calling you to leave behind?
- Our hope in life and death rests in Jesus alone. How can this glorious promise give you strength in the coming week? How can you share this hope with a family member, friend, or co-worker?
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. ~ Ephesians 3:20–21
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717