AfterThoughts: October 9, 2022
October 9, 2022
Faithfully Following God's Call
This week, Bryan Howard, Dawson’s Minister To Students, continued the 1 Thessalonians sermon series with a message from Chapter 2. Specifically, we looked at:
- Faithfulness In The Midst Of Suffering, verses 1–2
- Faithfulness Freed From Sin, verses 3–6
- Faithfulness To The Family Of God, verses 7–12
1. In 1 Thessalonians 2, Paul encouraged the believers and followers of Jesus to be faithful to God, even in suffering or difficulty, because God does something special there. How have you experienced that truth?
2. Faithfulness to God, despite the difficult circumstances/suffering we face, protects us from a vain (empty) life. How does that reality go against what our culture teaches? Explain.
3. We find life in Jesus alone. He has given us a life free from the bondage of sin. In what areas of your life are you choosing bondage instead of freedom?
4. God calls us to give selflessly to His church because that’s what He did. To whom do you need to be a spiritual sister, brother, or parent? How can you contact that person this week?
May the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. ~ Numbers 6:24–26
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717