September 17, 2023
The Life of David: David & Goliath
This week, Pastor David continued the sermon series The Life Of David with a look at David & Goliath. We were reminded that:
- Jesus Slayed The Ultimate Giant, So We Can Courageously Face All Of Life's Lesser Giants
- In this well-known story, we usually think of David as the underdog. In reality, Goliath was the actual underdog. How does that truth change the way you hear this story?
- In 1 Samuel 17:37, David told King Saul not to underestimate him because God had delivered him both from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear. What circumstances in your life now cause you to underestimate God’s power and provision? How can you find ways to concentrate on what God has done for you and will do for you?
- Pastor David shared that the hero of this story in the Hebrew Bible is God, not David. We see that David trusted in the power and strength of God when he references God nine times and Goliath only twice. When do you get the ratio wrong and focus on the “giants” instead of focusing on the power of our God?
- The battle in 1 Samuel 17 points to another battle: the battle for eternity. Jesus slayed the ultimate giant, so we can courageously face all of life’s lesser giants. Through the death and resurrection of Jesus, Satan’s head has been stomped upon, and his power over you is no more. How does this encourage you as you face the giants in your life this week?
The grace of the LORD Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. ~ 2 Corinthians 13:14
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717