September 4, 2022
Working 9 to 5: A Theology of Work
This week, Pastor David shared a message from Genesis about the importance of work. He reminded us,
- Our Work Is A Gift from God
- Our Work Is Tainted by Sin
How Does Our Christian Faith Impact Our Work?
- The Privilege Of Our Work
- The Perils Of Our Work
- The Excellence Of Our Work
- While Scripture teaches us that God is still at work in our world providing for us, He calls us to work as part of His work in the world. How does God use your work in His larger plan of creation and provision?
- When we think about how our Christian faith impacts our work, Pastor David said that we must keep two truths in balance: 1) our work is a gift from God; and 2) our work is tainted by sin. Why can we count our work as one of God’s gifts to us?
- Pastor David shared that one of the perils of our work is that we are tempted to see our work as our identity. What is the danger of viewing our work in that way? How can you be more consistent in anchoring your identity in Christ instead of your work?
- One of the primary ways that we honor God in our profession is by working hard and working with excellence (Colossians 3:23–34). How does your work honor God? What is one thing you can do this week to exhibit excellence as you work?
May the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. ~ Numbers 6:24–26
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717