Easy, delicious, and great for you are all I have to say here!
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped
- 2, 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 tbsp capers
- ¼ cup or more of chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbs or more of chopped fresh basil
- 3 tbs or more of chopped fresh oregano
- About 1 ¼ lbs of skinless, boneless chicken – I use organic skinless, boneless thighs
Sauté the onions and garlic in a heavy skillet over medium heat in the olive oil until a bit soft. Add the diced tomatoes, capers, and fresh herbs. Bring to a boil and reduce to low/simmer and continue cooking stirring occasionally until it thickens a bit (about 25 minutes). In a separate skillet, sear the chicken on both sides and cook for about 10 minutes. Add the chicken to the tomato mixture and continue cooking uncovered for another 7 minutes. Serve over brown rice, multigrain pasta, or quinoa along with a tossed salad.