"This is the day that the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24
In order to continue conversation at home about praising God and learning our unit Bible verse, these resources are provided for your convenience:
- The Unit Bible Verse (Psalm 118:24) Video: Play Above
- Family Faith Talks for each week: See Below
- Weekly Take Home sheets: Download Below
Family Faith Talks Conversation Starters:
August 11 Family Faith Talk: What did God make to shine in the daytime? (Sun) What did God make to shine in the nighttime sky? (Moon)
- On a clear night, take your preschooler outside to look at the moon and starts. Talk about how God made the moon and starts shine at night.
- Pray with your child, thanking God for making the moon and stars.
August 18 Family Faith Talk: God made many different kinds of trees and plants. Some are very tall, and some are very small. Some have pretty flowers, and some have fruits or vegetables. Tell me your favorite fruit or vegetable. Then pray together: “Thank You, God, for making the land and all the different kinds of trees and plants that grow.”
- Take your preschooler for a walk. Say, “God made all the trees and flowers that grow.”
- Sing (tune “God Is So Good”): “God made the trees; God made the trees, God made the trees; Thanks You, God, for trees.” Repeat; substitute things your preschooler suggests, such as “God made the flowers…”
August 25 Family Faith Talk: Who made the birds? Who made the fish? Who made the animals that walk on the land? Then say, “God saw all the birds, fish, and animals He had made. God thought it was all very good. Tell me what your favorite animal is.”
- Talk to your child about how God made all the animals. Take turns naming a different animal and making the animal’s sound.
- Say the Bible phrase “ God made animals.” Ask your child to say it with you. During the week, substitute into the verse animals you see such as “God made kittens.”
September 1 Family Faith Talk: God made the first family. Do you remember their names? (Adam, Eve, Cain, and Abel)
- Spend some time with your child looking at family photos. Talk about how God made people to live in families.
- Pray together, thanking God for the different people in your family.
September 8 Family Faith Talk: God created you to make choices. What are some right choices you make every day? Does God still love us if we make a wrong choice? (yes) Pray: “Thank You, God, for loving us when we make right or wrong choices. Amen.”
- Talk with your child about making good choices. Give him several scenarios (parent says it is time for bed, sibling takes one of his toys, etc.) and ask him what is the right thing to do.
- Pray together, asking God to help you make good choices that honor Him.