September 15, 2019
SERMON SERIES: Galatians
SERMON TITLE: “No Other Gospel”
This week, Pastor David began the sermon series, Galatians with a look at the only gospel that matters.
- How do you define grace? What does grace look like in your daily experience?
- What “different" gospel(s) do you encounter in our culture today? How/Why are you tempted to turn to those gospels?
- Pastor David said that adding to the Gospel is subtracting from authentic faith. What are you tempted to “add” to the Gospel for yourself? For others?
- Think of a time when you found yourself picking and choosing components of faith according to your personal desires and tastes. What was the result?
- Where are you placing your hope today? Is it in a lot of different pieces of ideologies? Is it in Jesus plus something else? OR, is it in Christ alone?
To learn more about trusting Christ, click here.
To watch this week's sermon, visit dawsonchurch.org/Galatians.
Paul, an apostle—not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead— 2 and all the brothers who are with me, To the churches of Galatia: 3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, 4 who gave himself for our sins to deliver us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,5 to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed. 10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ. 11 For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man's gospel. 12 For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.
~ Galatians 1:1-12
by Keith Getty
In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My comforter, my all in all
Here in the love of Christ I stand
No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the pow'r of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No pow'r of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
'Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the pow'r of Christ I'll stand.